Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting Started

This is my first post.  I would like to explain a little bit about myself and my goal with this blog.  I love local culture and local dining.  Chain restaurants I think are over priced, salty, and the food is just not high quality.  One of the things I found throughout my 20's was that so many people did not want to go out to a local restaurant thinking that it was too expensive, but they loved Outback or Chili's where the actual cost per meal was almost the same.  As I moved up in my career I had more disposable income for eating out and other things but still did not want to just waste money on a mediocre meal.  My hope is to share tips and tricks and my favorite places to go for great food at a great price.  I should add a disclaimer I judge my food and cost based on the quality.  So I may very well categorize a hole in the wall bar with bar food as excellent while rating a casual family dining restaurant as poor.

I love going out and experiencing the great City of Cleveland but I have had some times when I did not have much money to spend.  My hope is to share the tips and tricks of my life with others.  I should also add a disclaimer that everyone has priorities for their income.  One of my priorities is good food.  I do not go to movies or concerts all that much because I prefer to spend my money on food.  Therefore, some of my frugal suggestions are aimed at how to find free entertainment in Cleveland as well.

Hopefully this is of interest to others and it can be a fun blog with input from those who read it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment