Monday, August 22, 2011

Reverse Happy Hour Shaker Square

The good news is that I found a fabulous reverse happy hour in Shaker Square, the bad news is I only found one reverse happy hour in Shaker Square. 

Sarava in Shaker Square is the sister restaurant to Sergio's in University Circle and it offers amazing food and drinks.  The hidden gem of a menu that I discovered on my trip was the reverse happy hour food and pricing.  From 9:30pm until close, in the bar area, you can celebrate happy hour for only $12 for three plates and $1 off all drinks.  The plates are small plates, but 3 would make a perfect dinner.  The three I chose were the chicken passarinho, crisp Spanish cheese, and tamale cakes.  There are other options that can be even more filling such as mini sliders, pizza, and a mini angel hair pasta quiche.  Go with a group of friends and you can all order three different plates and share.  The value is amazing for a cheap but fun night out.

As for the yummy food...everything was well prepared and quality products.  The chicken is billed as spicy garlic and it has a nice kick to it.  I prefer things a bit spicier, but it is a good heat level for most people and very tasty.  The crisp Spanish cheese is exactly what it says...crisp fried cheese.    It is served with a kalamata olive and tomato sauce.  It is the right amount of salty and cheese flavors.  The tamale cakes are grilled and served with a perfect balance of guacamole, ancho sauce and tomato relish. 

I loved the entrees at Sarava and finding such great deals for $12 makes my trip from the West Side worthwhile! 

The next blog will be coming after Labor day and will look at ethnic/church festivals!  Enjoy your yummy eats and as always, I am open to ideas for future blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment