Saturday, October 15, 2011

Beer Wek Deals!

Cleveland is celebrating Beer Week with great events all over the city.  As a frugal blogger, I am going to highlight a few that sound like a great deal for the money.  There are definitely higher end events that are probably amazing, but I am focusing on frugality.  You can check out the website clevelandbeerweek.org for additional activities.  They are sorted by day.  There are so many activities going on all over the city that I in no way intend for this blog to cover all the great events.  I am just highlighting a few that sound great and affordable to me!

Food Truck Beer Dinner:
I know, I want people to experience good food at a great deal and I am writing about food trucks.  The food trucks involved in this beer dinner serve high end food and not what you would traditionally think of as food truck food.  It is a great deal including 10 tastings (5 from Sierra Nevada and 5 from Columbus Brewing Company), a food course from Fahrenheit’s Shortrib1, Dim and Den Sum, Hodge Podge, Umami Moto, and Sweet Mobile Cupcakery for only $35.  Each beer is paired with a course from a food truck.  While I am not a huge beer drinker…cupcakes and beer sounds delightful!  The event is on October 21 starting at 7 pm outside of Southside (purchase tickets on their website) in Tremont and to make it even better….a portion of all ticket sales will go to the Malone Scholarship Fund.  Great food and a cause!  You can make the event VIP and start an hour earlier for an extra $15 which will include specialty appetizers, additional beer, and pictures with brew masters and chefs.  

Lily’s Handmade Chocolates:
If you have not tried Lily’s just for the chocolate, this is a great way to try her wonderful chocolate paired with beer!  On !0/20/11 she is hosting a beer and chocolate pairing for only $15.  The pairing includes 4 of her handmade, amazing chocolates and various beer tagged as homebrews on the listing.  It starts at noon and goes until 7:30 pm and it is on a first come first serve basis until the items are gone.  To get 6 pieces of her chocolate is typically $11, so for $15 you are getting 4 tastings and beer!  That to me is a great deal and something different during beer week.

XYZ Tavern:
XYZ is one of my favorite places and for beer week they are doing a tasting of 4 ales, and you get to keep the snifter, for $15.  The tasting is almost every night of the week during beer week and I chose this because it sounds like something interesting. The tasting includes : Lexington Brewery Kentucky Light, Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Bourbon Ale, and Woodford Reserve.  

These are three of my suggestions and I am hoping to make it to at least one of these events if not all three! 

Coming soon…Cleveland Independents Restaurant Week.  I will be looking at the menus when posted and give you my suggestions for the best deal among those participating.  The gift certificates for Cleveland Independent’s restaurants went on sale on Thursday, many sold out within 10 minutes, but there are still some great ones left to check out the restaurant at a reduced rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment