Friday, March 23, 2012

Downtown Restaurant Week 2012- XO

This is a short post.  One reason is that I was slightly disappointed with my dinner from Downtown Cleveland Restaurant week.  For years I heard great things about XO and I have always wanted to try it.  Their menu for restaurant week sounded amazing so I really wanted to try the food. 

I started my meal with the mini short rib wellington with a wild mushroom risotto.  The short rib wellington was literally amuse bouche size, not appetizer size.  The risotto was ok, but not great.  For the entree I ordered the twin fillet with sauteed spinach and potato cake.  The fillet was cooked ok but it was not the quality I expected from XO.  The spinach was flavorless.  The meal was ok, ut just not great.  Dessert was the warm berry compote.  That was the first thing I ate all night that was really good.  It was buttery and fruity.   

I would not return to XO based on this experience. 

The good news is that Cleveland Independents is going to have a Restaurant week starting April 2nd~  Who wants to take me to dinner for my birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment