Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheap Cuban Food!

The other day I finally had a chance to stop at a little place on Madison Rd in Lakewood, Barroco Grill.  The inside is small and festive with handwritten graffiti on the walls.  The menu is traditional with a twist.  While they serve Arepas and Cuban sandwiches, they also have hot dogs and hamburgers.  Most of the items are under $9 each, but they do have some items under the Gourmet section that are $11-17.  While the more expensive items sound amazing...I am sticking with the cheap items for the blog.

My experience was the Cuban sandwich for $9.  It was a great sandwich and a perfect balance of bread and filling.  For me the sandwich was big enough to have half for lunch and half for dinner.  Although I am sure others could eat the entire thing in one sitting.  The traditional Cuban has sliced pork, ham, mozzarella cheese, garlic sauce, lettuce, tomato and I also had a side of the green sauce to dip it in.  This sandwich did not come with fries, but it did not need them. 

They also serve arepas, they looked and smelled amazing!  All of the arepas are serves with fries and wasabi coleslaw.  There are 6 different ones, including a vegetarian option.  The most traditional arepa has your choice of chicken, steak, pork or chorizo with onion, peppers, and mushrooms.  In addition to the six various options, you can also get a burger on an arepa.  There are also around $9 each.

Another great deal on the menu is the Cheesy Corn!  The Cheesy Corn is corn gratin with chicken, bacon, mozzarella and arepa fries.  It just sounds amazing, although I have not yet tried it.  Maybe on my next trip out there. 

If you want to eat there, it is a great fun atmosphere and the day I stopped by had a lot of families.  I would recommend this for any weekend when you are looking for a yummy quick lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment