Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Luxe Happy Hour

A few weeks ago my lovely sister was in town and we were meeting up for a quick bite before her long drive back home.  I suggested we meet at Luxe and the decision was great!  The happy hour at Luxe fully fits the frugally classy mantra!

To begin with they have 4 specialty drinks that are only $5.50 each.  Included on this list is the ever popular Bloom- a citrus vodka with lavender lemonade and blueberry puree.  This drink is phenomenal.  That evening while waiting for my sister I also tried the Simplicty- vodka infused with fresh basil and pineapple and the Artemis- cantaloupe infused tequila with honey and lime juice.  All were well prepared and absolutely delicious!

The menu for happy hour is just as affordable and delicious.  I started with the guacamole and warm pita.  The guacamole was fresh, vibrant and had wonderful flavors.  The warm pita was a perfect pairing.  I also ordered the BBQ pork sliders.  Three sliders on soft fresh bread appeared.  The BBQ pulled pork was cooked perfectly and the sauce was sweet and spicy.  Each of these dishes were $6.  My sister ordered a pizza with mushrooms.  The topping to crust ratio was great.  The pizza during happy hour was half off.  My sister took almost half of it back home with her. 

The service that night is what impressed me the most.  It was a Friday night and they were busy.  The bar tenders kept a close watch to get people seated at the bar or at tables quickly and fairly based on when they walked in to the restaurant.  The bar tenders were attentive, polite, and very helpful.  They made it a great experience.  Luxe has unique drinks and great food on a regular basis, but I strongly suggest the happy hour menu for a quality bite on a budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment