Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Press Wine Bar

Ok...so I have not blogged in a  while.  The cold kept me from going out to enjoy the great food of the city.  But finally I have broken out and ventured into the cold wintery mix of Cleveland.  So Press Wine Bar, great location, great décor and I have been there before for brunch and the amazing Bloody Mary's.  But this time it was a catch up session with an old friend over drinks and food for happy hour.

To begin with they have many reasonably priced wines- under $9 a glass- and they have about 8-9 wines available during happy hour for just $5.  This is better than most places that have one house red and one house white for happy hour.  The cool thing about their choices, you have some.  As for the food, to begin with everything is fresh and of good quality.  There are only a few items for the $5 happy hour price, but they are a good bargain.  On the $5 menu is their shrimp deviled eggs- which I did not have this time but have had before and they are amazing, mussels, two pizzas and the risotto balls. 

My dining companion and I opted for a chicken flat bread pizza, risotto balls, and a salad.  The flat bread pizza was great, crisp crust, good amount of toppings, great flavor.  The risotto balls were crispy with a chunk of fresh mozzarella inside.  They were topped with tomatoes and balsamic.  It could have used a little bit more salt, but otherwise they were perfect.  My dinner companion also ordered a salad that looked great.  It had arugula and a poached pear that was perfect. 

I would definitely go back.  On a Monday night they had a decent crowd, never too busy, but constant.,  The bar tender was awesome.  We were sitting there for over 4 hours catching up and he never made us feel rushed or like we needed to leave because we were not drinking anymore.  If you like brunch I recommend their brunch to anyone.  It was great when I went with some friends.  Reasonably priced and delicious as well!~

No comments:

Post a Comment