Monday, June 10, 2013

Press Wine Bar

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when a few friends stop by in the morning from out of town.  They were hungry and I wanted to find someplace new.  So we decided to try Press Wine Bar for brunch.  GREAT choice. 

The food was reasonably priced for brunch and it was delicious.  I started with an $8 Bloody Mary that could have been a meal itself.  It came with a spicy bloody mary mix, salty spiciness on the rim, and smoked bacon and a deviled egg on top.  It was well worth the $8 and never lost flavor, even as the ice melted. 

For Breakfast I had a mexi skillet with eggs, potato hash, poblanos, fried tortilla, and salsa verde.  It was a great blend of egg and flavor.  It had a little spice to it and they did bring me a side of hot sauce...always a must with egg dishes.  My two favorite dining companions egg had an omelet.  One had prosciutto, onion and cheese and the other had wild mushroom, provolone and argula.  They both came with a side of toast and potato hash.  The toast had very light butter, which I think is better then sopping bread.  The meals were a proper size and each cost under $10 for a Sunday brunch meal. 

I would love to go back and try their entrees and dinner menu as well as the wine on tap.  But for now...it is a solid brunch place for future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment